Thursday, May 9, 2013
Each week my partner Lori and I travel to a high school to observe/teach at our field assignment. Over this semester it's been a great experience learning more and more each time we go. Something I found very interesting was that their students are required to wear heart rate monitors 3 days a week or be in their heart rate zone for a specific amount of time each week. This is a type of way they grade the students as well as keep their attendance. If students do not complete the specified time they must be in for the week it results in a lower grade. Although, they may make up days if they wish. I think that this is a great way to get students motivated while incorporating a tool that is very educational.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is awesome. In my high school I observe at, we do the same thing. We went out to the woods and road mountain bikes all class. Everyone was required to wear a heart monitor. Once class was over, they had to show the teacher.
ReplyDelete