Wednesday, May 8, 2013

For the class 352 it is reqluired for each student to complte volunteer hours at the Grove City YMCA. After health class today I decided to go with some classmates to fill our hours. It's a lot of fun playing games and interacting witht he kids there. It's not that often that we get experience in our field to just play games with our students and not teach them direclty. I feel like when we go to the Y the kids there are so excited to see us and have us be there with them. Most of the kids there already choose to be there and enjoy the time they spend while others need a bit more motivation to get up and move. It's awesome to see all the kids having fun with one another along with us SRU students as well. I really enjoy teaching in a school setting to younger children but it's a complete different experience to actually just play, letting the students choose and have more of a say so in what they're doing and not have to instruct them.

No comments:

Post a Comment